The year 1959
Original Engine – 72602
Original Trans – 25546
1958 356 coupe (A T2) by Reutter (built in 1959)
Colour Silver Metallic (5706 A) with full Red Leather interior
Delved Hamiltons Victoria
Built 10 Jan 1959
Options RHD, US style bumpers, Green tint top of the windscreen.
This car left the factory on the 10th Jan 1959. The car was ordered on the 9th Sep 1958 by Cap Motors Sydney and was delivered to the importer Hamilton’s of Melbourne Australia on the 28th Feb 1959. The car was Sold to Tom Roach in Sydney on the 3 March 1959. With options of Bosch headlights, green tint windscreen and USA spec bars.
According to the Hamilton record, the car was imported Porsche No: 201 into Australia.
the car was in Pennant Hills Sydney in someone's backyard for over 15 years. the is a 3 owner car, one was Bobby Limb from (The Bobby Limb show) in the 60s.
Making this the best barn fined in Australia for over 5 years. a Very rare find with the History to match.
This was 0ne of 30 cars delivered in 1959 to NSW
All Numbers Matching car.
1 Mr Tom Roach
2 Mr Bobby Limb
3 Mr (name private)
4 Mr Florian Beck
The Porsche 356 was the company’s first production automobile. It was a lightweight and nimble-handling rear-engine rear-wheel-drive 2-door sports car available in hardtop coupe and open configurations. Design innovations continued during the years of manufacture, contributing to its motorsports success and popularity. Production started in 1948 at Gmünd, Austria, where approximately 50 cars were built. In 1950 the factory relocated to Zuffenhausen, Germany, and general production of the 356 continued until April 1965, well after the replacement model 911 made its autumn 1963 debut. Of the 76,000 originally produced, approximately half survived.